Sunday, March 27, 2011

A page from a "Statesman's Diary".


"I want to do", rather " I wish things be done". So do I really want to do what I wish be done. I mean, certainly in my mind I have no doubt that I want to do things but then at the same time I wish things be done too, not necessarily by me but only so far from me that I can say " I did it"(I can have the credit for it). So is "I want to do" always in anticipation of the consequential "I did it". For if I did something I would certainly wish to say that I did it but does this thought occupy me every time I say "I want to do". For if it does it simply means I do something just so that it be known that I did it. Or would I mind, if it may be unknown that I did it for if it wouldn't, it shouldn't. And yes there remains the ultimate question of " I want but I can't" for if I know already that saying "I did it " is out of the question, if "I can't do it" and can't have the credit for it( much more important), why would I want to do it. But, do I really want something I can't or is it just one of the irregular verbs:-
I can't
You shan't
He shouldn't
It is awfully frightening also, when :
"Someone could" but "He shouldn't",
"Someone couldn't" but "He should have".
All in all
what "I do" is what "I did";
but what others do is what "they could"
and
what "I didn't", "I couldn't;
" but what others didn't, they "shouldn't have anyway"
is what I say

and

what "I do", "I could";
what others do is what "they did";
what " I didn't" , "I wouldn't have";
but what "others didn't", "others couldn't" ;
is what they(my opposition,of course) say.

Frightfully funny,isn't it.



1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Nice article has been shared on "Varanasi Hotels". i really like the way you have put every single point in this article and also did get lots of good information from here. thanks for sharing such article here. i would like to see some information related to Varanasi Hotels in mohali here in this article. keep on sharing such article here in future too.


    Flexi said...
    Varanasi Hotels
    Your blog is looking so good and postin is really nice ..
    Thanks Again.
    Varanasi Hotels

    ReplyDelete